1. The call is open to an original, unpublished piece of fiction, written by youths aged 13-25 years old, who are residing and/or based in Singapore.
2. The theme for the submission is “Myself and the World”. Writers can only submit one (1) entry.
- Submissions must be no more than 2,000 words, written in English, original and unpublished both in print and online.
- Entries must be typed with 1.5 space on normal margin using either Arial, Calibri or Times New Roman on point 11 or 12
- Submissions should have the author’s name, age, word count and school, if applicable, at the upper right corner of the first page of the story.
4. All entries must be emailed to the Festival Manager, together with a copy of the author’s IC.
5. Vulgarities, swearing and any form of profanity are unacceptable. No explicit sexual content is allowed.
6. The competition will be open from 31 March 2017 to 8 May 2017. Only those entries submitted within the dates will be eligible for the call.
7. An independent panel of judges who are experts in the field of fiction, will select 15 shortlisted authors from all the entries submitted to the call. The judges' decision is final, and no appeals or correspondence will be entertained at any point.
8. All In! Young Writers Festival will announce the shortlisted stories in end-May 2017. An email-based bi-monthly mentorship programme on snackable fiction will be organised for the shortlisted authors. The selection panel/judges will be linked to the authors via an online group, to discuss how the stories can be improved.
9. Final submission of stories selected for publication will be in 15 June 2017.Winners will be announced over All In!’s social media platforms, and through email directly to the authors, by end-June.
10. Upon publication, each featured author will also receive five (5) copies of the anthology and be invited to attend its book launch in July 2017. A certificate of recognition will also be given to the winning authors.
11. Submissions which fail to comply with any of the above rules and conditions of entry will be disqualified.
12. Copies of the book will be sent to all libraries in Singapore, and will be distributed during its book launch in conjunction with the NYC Youth Festival, in July 2017.