Prologue 55 Word Fiction Competition
The Book Council is holding a 55 word fiction competition, which is exactly what it sounds like: you write a story that is exactly as long as 55 words, post it to our wall, get all your friends to like it, and win prizes!
Stories can be about anything under the sun, so long as they fall within our guidelines (which we have placed at the end of this post for the sake of suspense).
We have enough prizes for a winner and a runner-up in two categories: Judges’ Choice, where a panel of judges will decide on their favourites; and a Popular Choice, where the entries with the most Facebook likes win! First place gets $350 in Prologue vouchers, and second place gets $150 in Prologue vouchers. All four will ALSO win free entry to the All In! conference, which falls on February 23, and free entry to one of the four workshops on the second day of All In! (February 24).
Winners will be decided according to the number of likes their story gets. The story with the most likes wins first place, the story with the next highest number of likes wins second, etc etc, you get the gist.
- Stories must be 55 words EXACTLY. No more. No less. Flouting this rule disqualifies your story!
- Your title should not be part of your word count.
- Contractions count as one word. Hyphenated words are one word.
- Keep it tasteful! Whether or not your story is posted on this wall is up to Book Council staff and we will (sadly) have to delete anything with inappropriate content.
- Open to anyone 16 – 25 years of age
- Deadline: 3pm, February 15, 2013